LONDON-L Archives

Archiver > LONDON > 2006-08 > 1156165822

From: "Linda Hardy" <>
Subject: Re: [Lon] Convents and Inmates and Catholic families
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 23:10:22 +1000

Hi Charani,

Catherine and Annie's two other sisters had died young, by the 1901 census the girls were in convents, one in Fulham and the other in Hampshire, why so far apart I do not know, their father had remarried and started a new family, maybe thats the reason.

I shall continue to search for a possible death of a Percival/Percy or James Cray, I've searched from the time of Catherine's birth in 1879 up until the end of 1910 and not found one Percival at all, James Cray was still living in 1901 and so far not found his death.

Both girls are on the 1891 census with their widowed father, but if Catherine and Annie had become pregnant, and by 1901 census were in a convent, whats the possibility of finding out if they had a child (probably none), Catherine seems to of "re-invented" herself as Cecilia Kathleen when she married in 1910.

I'm very intrigued by it all, I've been trying to search Google on Inmates of a convent but so far not finding out much.

Thank you for your thoughts.

Linda
near Beaconsfield, Tasmania

This thread: