LONDON-L Archives

Archiver > LONDON > 2006-10 > 1159991319

Subject: Re: [LON] Weavers and Bronchitis
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2006 15:48:39 EDT

Hi - I found this article on Bronchitis - and it has the paragraph below -
which I think answers the question - Jackie

The influence of occupation is seen in the frequency in which persons
following certain employments suffer from chronic bronchitis. Hirt has shown that
the inhalation of _vegetable_ (http://www.1911encyclopedia.org/Vegetable)
_dust_ (http://www.1911encyclopedia.org/Dust) is very liable to produce
bronchitis through the irritation produced by the dust particles and the growth of
organisms carried in with the dust. Consequently, millers and _grain_
(http://www.1911encyclopedia.org/Grain) -shovellers are especially liable to it, while
(http://www.1911encyclopedia.org/Cotton) factories.

This thread: