LONDON-L Archives

Archiver > LONDON > 2006-11 > 1164269384

From: IrisP <>
Subject: [LON] SIRDAR ST., KENSINGTON
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 21:09:44 +1300

Wonder if anyone can tell me about Sirdar Street, Kensington? Does it still
exist? My great grandmother SOPHIA SARAH LEA had this as her address at her
time of death. She was 90 YEARS OLD and I am wondering if there was a Home
for the Aged there in 1904, when she died? Must have had a great
constitution if what I have been learning from members of this list about
living conditions there in the 1800s......wonder, too, what she'd have
thought about email and computers! Iris Page in Auckland, New Zealand

This thread: