LONDON-L Archives

Archiver > LONDON > 2007-01 > 1167707969

From: "Sheila Tutton" <>
Subject: [LON] 1851 - 1891 Look-up please
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2007 14:19:29 +1100

Can anyone help please? I am looking for

GEORGE STEEDNAM

I have him on the 1841 aged 15 living Kilburn born in the County
I also have his death. on Free BDM

George STEEDNAM 69 B. Stortford 3a 357 Mar Q 1895
But where was he between these dates.
I am also looking for his brother CHARLES STEEDNAM born ? not at home 1841
but mentioned in his fathers will 1843.

The family has always been recorded as STEEDNAM /STEDNAM except on one
occasion when his father John was buried at St Johns Hampstead as STEDMAN
in 1843

There are no STEEDNAMS on the IGI or 1881 so how do I proceed back any
more.All those on the Free BDM are mine and I have George & Charles mother
on the 1851/61 and their parents marriage at St Georges Hanover Sq in 1817.

Any help or suggestions very much appreciated. I would love to knock down a
few bricks in 2007

Happy New Year and good luck to everyone

Sheila
NSW
Australia