LONDON-L Archives

Archiver > LONDON > 2007-01 > 1168903132

From: "Ron Lankshear (Sydney Aust)" <>
Subject: Re: [LON] Hart family in 1871
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 10:20:18 +1100

RG10; Piece: 536; Folio: 86; Page: 24;

The CUMMINGS could be a separate household not clearly marked

Sometimes HEAD is not shown but a relationship to others in the house
and Thomas and Richard are shown as ditto son presumably ditto for grand

so it looks like Sarah is simply the Cummings grandmother etc

Discussion in soc gen britain newsgroup on 1911 census and how the
questions on the return return might lead to a feeling that a Head
should be a male

<http://www.yourfamilytreemag.co.uk/resources/yft/1911page.jpg>; a 1911
census return

Ron Lankshear - many Links at http://freepages.rootsweb.com/~lankshear/

wrote:
> Hi ya all
>
> Im wondering if someone can look up the 1871 census for me Ref RG 10 356 ,
> i am looking at the Hart family on there, can someone tell me what the name
> of the street or road is and also im having trouble with the Cummings on
> there i cannot understand the relationship to the head of the household its ??
> mother, i would really appreciate any help on this matter.
> Thanking you all in advance
> Donna

This thread: