LONDON-L Archives

Archiver > LONDON > 2007-01 > 1169543028

From: "Judy Lester" <>
Subject: Re: [LON] 1821 Census - Marylebone - Newgate Street
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 09:03:48 -0000

The only Newgate Street that I can find is in the City of London, in the
parish of Christ Church Newgate. This is where the famous Newgate Prison and
the Old Bailey (Central Criminal Court) are located, and it is some distance
from Marylebone. Newgate Street is shown on this map, just to the north of
St Paul's Cathedral
http://archivemaps.com/mapco/cross/cross12.htm

Do you have a reference for a different Newgate Street, in Marylebone? Or is
there perhaps some confusion with the City parish of St Mary-le-Bow, which
is not far from Newgate?

HTH

Judy
London, UK