LONDON-L Archives

Archiver > LONDON > 2007-01 > 1169921333

From: "John Henley" <>
Subject: Re: [LON] General advice - France family
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 18:08:53 -0000

hello Jack,
In answer to your latest
1] It is, but I stick by my words in my [2] below
2] Were these 4 all Endell St.? Or do they indicate that the family moved around? If so, more reason for checking the unindexed parishes - if you cannot get to the LMA/Westminster Archives, your nearest LDS family history centre can get the films in for you, except poss. St.Giles. Many of my ancestors moved around the same area - I have found siblings baptized and married in disparate parishes.
3] Good :-)
4] Go to the London Metropolitan Archives site for online search of the Middlesex Archdeaconry wills - they hold more than are indexed.
You should also (if you have not already) use Search at the Access to Archives site - google for "A2A" . France alone as search term will produce too many hits, so you will have to use "Robert France" or whatever Christian names you have, or "France with undertaker or picture frame or cabinet or maker.
Cheers
John
----- Original Message ----- From:
Hi John
Yes, it is FRANCE the undertakers, but before that, they were cabinet makers to the King in the 18th and early 19th centuries.
They are my direct ancestors.
1] Is it possible to be 7 years out on your age in those days?
2] I've found another 4 children to John & Elizabeth - William, Edward, Clement and Elizabeth, but no Robert.
3] I think I've got all the Frances in the area at the time of the 1841/51 censusues.
4] I've got the wills of John, his brother William, Robert, wife Sarah and another, William Beckwith France all from Documents Online at the National Archives. Might there be others somewhere else?

Regards

Jack Ross