LONDON-L Archives

Archiver > LONDON > 2007-01 > 1170191783

From: "Diana" <>
Subject: [LON] Peggy and Lottie
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 16:16:23 -0500

My apologies for sending a messed-up email in my intended response on this.
That comes of too many interruptions and not enough concentration! I
intended to say:

It is quite possible that these were not abbreviations but given names in
their own right. To point to the popularity of both names, FreeBMD has over
a hundred Lottie registrations in the first quarter of 1890 alone, and
almost as many Peggys in the first quarter of 1914.

Happy hunting!

Diana Robinson (nee Gardner)
Now in Rochester, NY, USA

Message: 6