LONDON-L Archives

Archiver > LONDON > 2007-07 > 1184347016

From: Anne Peat <>
Subject: Re: [LON] boyer family
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 18:16:56 +0100

Julie.
St George, Hanover Square is a registration district in the Bloomsbury
District of London.

Here they are in 1871

1871 England Census
about Louisa Boyer
Name: Louisa Boyer
Age: 30
Estimated birth year: abt 1841
Relation: Wife
Spouse's name: Henry
Gender: Female
Where born: Worcestershire, England

Name: Henry Boyer
Age: 35
Estimated birth year: abt 1836
Relation: Head
Spouse's name: Louisa
Gender: Male
Where born: Mortlake, Surrey, England

Civil parish: St George Hanover Square
Ecclesiastical parish: St Gabriel
County/Island: London
Country: England

Street address: 45 Hanover Street

Occupation: Messenger ( Henry)

Registration district: St George Hanover Square
Sub-registration district: Belgrave
ED, institution, or vessel: 26
Neighbors: View others on page
Household schedule number: 256
Source Citation: Class: RG10; Piece: 110; Folio: 30; Page: 52;

Henry appears to have died before 1881

1881 England Census
about Louisa F. Boyer
Name: Louisa F. Boyer
Age: 38
Estimated birth year: abt 1843
Relation: Sister in Law
Gender: Female
Where born: Worcestershire, England

Civil parish: Tottenham
County/Island: Middlesex
Country: England

Street address: 5 Finsbury Road
Condition as to marriage: Widow
Occupation: Dressmaker

Registration district: Edmonton
Sub-registration district: Tottenham
ED, institution, or vessel: 35
Household Members:
Name Age
Eliza Maria Bonsey 39
Ernest A. Bonsey 9
Henry Jas. Bonsey 7
Lily G. Bonsey 4
Stephen Bonsey 38
Walter Jno. Bonsey 11
William B. Bonsey 1
Louisa F. Boyer 38
Source Citation: Class: RG11; Piece: 1387; Folio: 121; Page: 16;

This appears to be Henry in 1851, with his mother and siblings
1851 England Census
about Henry Joseph Boyer
Name: Henry Joseph Boyer
Age: 16
Estimated birth year: abt 1835
Relation: Son
Mother's name: Ellen
Gender: Male
Where born: East Sheen, Surrey, England

Civil parish: Westminster St John The Evangelist
Ecclesiastical parish: St John
County/Island: Middlesex
Country: England

Street address: 12 Tufton Street

Registration district: Westminster
Sub-registration district: St John
ED, institution, or vessel: 5

Household schedule number: 229
Household Members:
Name Age
Eliza Maria Boyer 13
Ellen Boyer 48
Ellen Martha Boyer 4
Henry Joseph Boyer 16
John Boyer 8
Mary Ann Boyer 11

More on the family

Name Parent or spouse names Birth Year Birthplace Relation
Civil parish County/Island
Eliza Maria Boyer Ellen abt 1838 East Sheen, Surrey, England
Daughter Westminster St John The Evangelist Middlesex Fancy button
maker
Ellen Boyer abt 1803 Tonbridge Wells, Kent, England Head
Westminster St John The Evangelist Middlesex married. wife of a
butler
Ellen Martha Boyer Ellen abt 1847 Westmr, Middlesex, England
Daughter Westminster St John The Evangelist Middlesex
Henry Joseph Boyer Ellen abt 1835 East Sheen, Surrey, England Son
Westminster St John The Evangelist Middlesex House servant
John Boyer Ellen abt 1843 East Sheen, Surrey, England Son
Westminster St John The Evangelist Middlesex
Mary Ann Boyer Ellen abt 1840 East Sheen, Surrey, England Daughter
Westminster St John The Evangelist Middlesex
Source Citation: Class: HO107; Piece: 1479; Folio: 141; Page: 46

I can't find them in 1841 but think this could be them in 1861

1861 England Census
about Henry Bowyer
Name: Henry Bowyer
Age: 26
Estimated birth year: abt 1835
Relation: Son
Father's name: James
Mother's name: Ellen
Gender: Male
Where born: Mordake, Surrey, England

Civil parish: Westminster St Margaret
Ecclesiastical parish: St Margaret
County/Island: Middlesex
Country: England

Street address: 35

Occupation: Office Keeper ( James) Housekeeper ( Ellen) Domestic (
Henry & Mary A) Brass finisher ( John)

Registration district: Westminster
Sub-registration district: St Margaret
ED, institution, or vessel: 4

Household schedule number: 383
Household Members:
Name Age
Ellen Bowyer 58
Ellen M Bowyer 14
Henry Bowyer 26
James Bowyer 63
John Bowyer 18
Mary A Bowyer 21

Name Parent or spouse names Birth Year Birthplace Relation
Civil parish County/Island
Mary A Bowyer James,
Ellen abt 1840 Mordake, Surrey, England Daughter Westminster St
Margaret Middlesex
Ellen Bowyer James abt 1803 Speldhurst, Kent, England Wife
Westminster St Margaret Middlesex
Ellen M Bowyer James, Ellen abt 1847 Westr, Middlesex, England
Daughter Westminster St Margaret Middlesex
Henry Bowyer James, Ellen abt 1835 Mordake, Surrey, England Son
Westminster St Margaret Middlesex
James Bowyer Ellen abt 1798 Swanton Abbot, Norfolk, England Head
Westminster St Margaret Middlesex
John Bowyer James,
Ellen abt 1843 Mordake, Surrey, England Son Westminster St Margaret
Middlesex

Source Citation: Class: RG9; Piece: 52; Folio: 94; Page: 58;

Hope this helps a bit.
You could now look on FreeBMD for their marriage and Henry's death

Anne

On 12 Jul 2007, at 16:04, julie insull wrote:

> hi list
> can anyone help with this family ? where was st george hanover square ?
> looking for
> HENRY BOYER BORN 1836 ,NOT SURE WHERE>
> LOUISA BOYER 1838/38 BORN IN WORCESTER
> or any boyer family from this area