LONDON-L Archives

Archiver > LONDON > 2007-11 > 1195470039

From: April Ashton <>
Subject: [LON] Dog Racing - Dagenham c1931
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 11:00:39 +0000

I have received this information from the library

<The Dagenham Greyhound Racing track was situated near the present
Goresbrook Interchange of the A13, south of Ripple Road. It opened in
1931 and closed in 1965. According to a press cutting announcing the
closure, it was at that time owned by Romford Stadium Company, which
controlled both the Romford and Dagenham tracks. They sold the
Dagenham track for £185,000 to Reynolds Packaging, and kept the Romford
one, which is still operating today>

- can anyone inform me whether there is further information available
about the track at Dagenham, and in particular the owners c1931?
Thank you,
April Wood Ashton

This thread: