LONDON-L Archives

Archiver > LONDON > 2008-06 > 1213840759

From: Ron Lankshear <>
Subject: Re: [LON] added info. on My GGGrandparents Frederick NEWMAN & Mary1885 London, England
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 11:59:19 +1000

Hi Sherrie
Let me see you are looking for more detail for
parents of Fred* Newman born London June 1885.
Middle name maybe Ernest.
Father was Fred* also and mother Mary.

Looking at 1891 census for a Fred* born London

4 with parents of those names

Frederick J Newman
Frederick, Mary Annabt 1880Hoxton, Middlesex,
EnglandSon Newington, London

Frederick J Newman
Frederick, Mary Aabt 1875Croydon, Surrey,
EnglandSon Croydon, Surrey

James Frederick Newman
Frederick, Mary Emmaabt 1890London, England
Son St Pancras, London

One with a father Fred
Frederick J Newman
Frederick J, Annie Cabt 1886Paddington, London,
England

and if Ernest was his second name then the above
all seem to have other middle names

And this one which does not show a middle name or
initial
Frederick Newmanabt 1886St Giles, London,
EnglandAdopted Child
with Alexander McKenzie 36 and Emma McKenzie 50
is shown as wife

1901 census
Frederick NewmanMary Aabt 1886 Islington,
London, EnglandSon
but looking back at 1891 father appears to be Charles

Looking at births on FreeBMD I could not see a
Fred* Ernest in London near June 1885

Do you have the 1905 marriage certificate with
Maude. Does it give any more detail on the father
such as occupation

Ron Lankshear - Sydney Aust (from London-
Shepherds Bush & Chiswick)
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~lankshear/

S Smith wrote:
> Hi, My GGGrandfather went by Frederick Newman on most of his documents.
> Except for on my Grandpa's Social Security certificate.
> Which listed his father's name as Frederick Ernest Newman.
> So they may have put it down wrong.
>
> On Fredrick Newman's death certificate it says:
> Fredrick Newman married to Maude Isabell Eve.
> Birth- June 21, 1885 in London, England.
> Death- March 13, 1926 in Niagara fall, New York.
> Age - 40 years, 8 months, 22 days.
> Occupation- Storekeeper.
> Dad's name Fredrick Newman- both parents born in England
>
> Any help with this part of my family would be greatly appreciated!
> Sherrie
> xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> 1. FREDERICK NEWMAN was born in London, England. He married MARY UNKNOWN. She was born in England.
>
> Generation No. 1
>
> Child of FREDERICK NEWMAN and MARY UNKNOWN is:
> 2. i. FREDERICK NEWMAN SR., b. 21 Jun 1885, London, England; d. 13 Mar 1926, Niagara Co., Niagara Falls, New York, USA,.

This thread: