LONDON-L Archives

Archiver > LONDON > 2008-11 > 1228058668

From: "M Reinig" <>
Subject: Re: [LON] George Henry Gordon FRANKLIN
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 10:24:28 -0500

Hi Jan,
I'm fairly certain that the 1853 death is your chap. Going by the
1851 census-where he's a coffee house keeper and artist -to the 1861
where wife Jane is a widow seems telling.
Deceased or not wasn't generally asked,I guess. Father's name?
I found a listing on findmy.... for George 1853 wills and admons
-same address as the 1851 census.
CANTERBURY PREROGATIVE COURT
Since I've never been able to figure these out,maybe someone on the
list will give you a hand.
Maureen in NY

On 11/29/08, Doug & Jan <> wrote:
> Has anyone come accross an Artist by the name of George Henry Gordon
> FRANKLIN
>
> He is the Father of my Emma FRANKLIN who married Forrester MUIR in 1869
>

> The marriage Cert does not indicated that George is dead but there is a
> death on the Free BDM's of a George Henry Grodon FRANKLIN in St. Pancras in
> 1853 .... .....no age given..................this may even be a son...
>
> Can SKS tell me if the Father was dead wasnt he recorded as (deceased)
> on a certificate..or did they just record the name of the Father..in 1869
>
> Emma I think died in 1899 Forrester remarried in 1907. died 1910
>
> TIA
> Jan.

This thread: