LONDON-L Archives

Archiver > LONDON > 2009-03 > 1236085703

From: Janet Cuff <>
Subject: [LON] ALL SAINTS, POPLAR - CUFF
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 13:08:23 +0000 (GMT)

I am new to this list and wonder if anyone can help me with information re. the following.

In 1830 John Cuff married Eliza Dill in Bath and was desribed as a widower of All Saints, Poplar to which area he returned with his second wife Eliza. I can find no record of  his first wife's death in Bath and only a "possible" record for the marriage there so I am thinking both events may have occurred in London. Does anyone have access to marriage and burial records for this area which might give me the answer or a pointer as to where to search next. I  was told that the children of his second marriage were all christened at John Wesleys Chapel in Finsbury but can't vouch for that absolutely

Any help would be much appreciated, many thanks :o)
Janet Cuff

This thread: