LONDON-L Archives

Archiver > LONDON > 2009-03 > 1236215907

From: M Reinig <>
Subject: Re: [LON] Dr. John Richard Elmore
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2009 20:18:27 -0500

Hi Sue,
The Friends of the Kensal Green Cemetery might be worth checking:
The Times, Saturday, Jan 29, 1881; pg. 9; Issue 30104; col F
Th remains of the late Mr Alfred Elmore,RA,were yesterday deposited in
the family vault at Kensal-green.

Maureen in NY

On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 2:44 PM, Sue (McKenzie) Bolt
<> wrote:
> Seeking information regarding Dr. John Richard Elmore, a surgeon.  Born in Middlesex
> England around 1791.  He was stationed in Kinsale with the 5th Regiment of Dragoon
> Guards according to a reference dated May 11, 1912.  He was a Director of the Industrial
> and General Life Assurance Co. One time office address as 27 Harley St London.
> I have found a reference to a marriage to Frances Holroyd Macduffie in the 1840's
> in Middlesex.  I am also finding references to an earlier marriage in Cork to a
> Marianne Callanan.  He died in September 1860 & information states he was of the
> Civil Parish of St. Marylebone, Ecclesiastical parish of All Souls, Subregistration District of
> Cavendish Square.  It is also reported that he was the father of Alfred Elmore, the
> painter (1815-1881).  I have been unable to find a burial site for Alfred (reportedly
> Kensal Green), as it is not mentioned in their directory of artists for that site.  Does
> anyone have any information on this family that they might share?  Did he leave other
> children in Cork?  Any leads regarding books, history, & final resting places would be
> very much appreciated.
> Sue Ellen Bolt
> California USA

This thread: