LONDON-L Archives

Archiver > LONDON > 2009-03 > 1236883198

From: "John Townsend" <>
Subject: Re: [LON] Silk Ribbon Weavers
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 18:39:58 -0000

I think the centre of the silk trade was Spitalfields. In Bethnal Green,
and perhaps other nearby parishes, there would have been a lot of journeyman
silk weavers working at home for masters in Spitalfields.

Hope this helps!

John Townsend
Antiquarian Bookseller/Genealogist
http://www.johntownsend.demon.co.uk