LONDON-L Archives

Archiver > LONDON > 2009-03 > 1237063998

From: Michael Grace <>
Subject: Re: [LON] The Name "RUSZ"
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2009 21:53:18 +0100

Hello Tony,

I have some information on the Rusz from Poplar.
It is possible that your William was one of at least ten children from
the marriage of Robert Lewis Rusz and Sarah Ann Abbott.
Roberts father was Jacob Wilhelm Rusz was born 1810 in Germany.

Regards
Mike

Tony Drew wrote:
> Dear Listers,
>
> I am indebited to those listers (in particular Ron Lankshear) who pointed out that my interpretation of the name at various levels, which I included in my last e-mail to you viz "RUIZ", would have been better read as "RUSZ". So I would repeat my request from that message, slightly ammended -
>
> " I believe that my paternal grandfather's sister, Elizabeth Drew may have married William RUSZ in 1893 in Poplar. If so they had children William, Charlotte, Sarah, Henry and Thomas, again in Poplar - whilst I appreciate that only the boys would carry on the name - is there anyone out there interested in London who has come across the name RUSZ about that era. The name is so unusual".
>
> Kind regards
>
> Tony Drew
> (Canberra A.C.T. Australia)

---
Virus Database (VPS): 090313-0, 13.03.2009
Tested on: 14.03.2009 21:53:22