LONDON-L Archives

Archiver > LONDON > 2009-03 > 1237140382

From: Anne Peat <>
Subject: Re: [LON] Richardson - All Souls
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2009 18:06:22 +0000

Hi Ron,
Looking at the 1841 census of Middlesex this seems the most likely for
Harriet - unfortunately exact birthplaces are not given in 1841

1841 England Census
about Harriet May
Name: Harriet May
Age: 14
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1827
Gender: Female
Where born: Middlesex, England

Civil Parish: St James
Hundred: Westminster
County/Island: Middlesex
Country: England

Street address: Little Windmill Street

Occupation: F S ( female Servant)

Registration district: St James Westminster
Sub registration district: Golden Square
Neighbors: View others on page
Household Members:
Name Age
John Corbett 25 ( occupation Tailor - born Ireland)
Harriet May 14

Source Citation: Class: HO107; Piece 735; Book: 8; Civil Parish: St
James; County: Middlesex; Enumeration District: 9; Folio: 8; Page: 11;
Line: 13
There are two John Richardson's of the right age in Lancaster in 1841
- neither of them obviously a carpenter and several of the right age
in London, but not born there. Again - no carpenters. And if John's
age wasn't exactly right on 1851 there are a lot more to choose from.

HTH
Anne
On 14 Mar 2009, at 20:39, Stretton Research wrote:

> Hi List,
>
> I was advised by the List owner to use a better Heading, than Help.
> So I have reposted my request, plus added more information. I thank
> all those on and off List for there very helpful replies.
>

> 'Harriet RICHARDSON nee MAY died on the 17 Apr 1858 at Melbourne,
> Australia. On the shipping list it says she came from Middlesex, and
> on her death certificate it says she was married at All Souls.
>
> I first found the family on the English 1851 Census in London. There
> was father, wife and one son. They were James RICHARDSON, Harriet
> and Arthur May. Arthur May RICHARDSON'S birth certificate was then
> purchased. He was born on the 13 Jan 1851 at 18 Norfolk Street,
> Parklane, London, England. His mother was Harriet nee MAY and from
> the census found that she came from Homerton, London.
>

> My main reason for trying to find out where All Souls, is. Is that I
> am trying to find James and Harriet's marriage. I have searched Free
> BDM from 1848 to 1851 and the BDM's on Find My Past, without any
> cross reference.
>
> Regards
>
> Ron

This thread: