LONDON-L Archives

Archiver > LONDON > 2009-03 > 1237187295

From: Ron Lankshear <>
Subject: Re: [LON] significance of an IGI batch number
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 18:08:15 +1100

I understand Hugh has been unable to verify these
NEW batch numbers through LDS - perhaps all part
of their digitalisation of Salt Lake films but
they don't seem to publish

Some one on Rootschat says there were the parishes
in 1860

Holy Trinity Cloudsley Square
St John Upper Holloway
St Mary
St Paul Canonbury

But here is link to John Henley's very detailed list
http://homepages.gold.ac.uk/genuki/MDX/Islington/Churches.htm

The registers should be at LMA and hopefully
Ancestry will start putting this data on line soon

Ron Lankshear -Sydney NSW (from London-Shepherds
Bush/Chiswick)
try my links
http://freepages.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~lankshear/

Bob Campbell wrote:
> I have an ancestor Elizabeth Sarah Milton's Christening shown in an IGI
> search for Islington in 1823, only thing is the record does not indicate a
> specific parish
> and it is the only one shown with parents Charles and Sarah. This is
> correct in all respects except that I am trying to determine which Parish
> register this record was extracted from. The only clue I have is the batch
> file reference I038060. Hugh Wallis' site does not provide any clues.
> Any ideas?
> Bob in Brisbane

This thread: