LONDON-L Archives

Archiver > LONDON > 2009-03 > 1237533292

From: Ron Lankshear <>
Subject: Re: [LON] 1891 lookup please - STEVENS
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 18:14:52 +1100

I could not see Richard T a gilder in 1891
a couple Richard of right age born London

One in Watford was a shoemaker

One in Brighton was decorator seems to be a wife
Margaret but she is 4 years older not 4 years younger

Richard Thomas Stevens
Estimated Birth Year:abt 1827
Year of Registration:1888
Jan-Feb-Mar age 61 Camberwell 1d 575

No clear Jane M in 1880s decade
but if just Jane then perhaps this as Camberwell also

Jane Stevens abt 1831 1891 Jan-Feb-Mar age 60
Camberwell 1d 666

Then in 1890s there is

Margaret Jane Stevens abt 1829 1900
Steyning Sussex

perhaps this is that woman in 1891
Margaret J Stevens abt 1828 Stepney,
Middlesex, England Visitor Horley, Surrey
but she is wrong place born - she is visiting a
family and head is Flora H Stevens.

But your woman what is she more likely to call
herself Jane or Margaret or is she always Jane M.
In census is she consistently born 1826?

Ron Lankshear -Sydney NSW (from London-Shepherds
Bush/Chiswick)
try my links
http://freepages.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~lankshear/

John Stevens wrote:
> Before I finally give up on this couple, could someone please tell me if they can be found
> in the St.Pancras area on the 1891 either as man and wife or separately?
>
> They are on the '81 but I cannot identify their death(s) on FreeBMD after that date.
>
> Thanks
>
> John
>
> Richard (Thomas) STEVENS - Silversmith born approx 1823 in Mile End
> Jane (Margaret) STEVENS - wife born approx 1826 Bermondsey

This thread: