LONDON-L Archives

Archiver > LONDON > 2010-08 > 1281263412

From: "Nivard Ovington" <>
Subject: Re: [LON] London Burial
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2010 11:30:12 +0100

Hi Jeanette

Was she still married at the time?

If so it is quite likely she did not leave a will

You can send for any possible will quite easily, I will send detail off list

It will cost you a non refundable fiver to find out, so not to demanding
(money order of some sort may add to the cost though)

Have you enquired at the Churches used?

I would have thought they would have used the same to conduct the service,
even if buried elsewhere (as most were) they may have note of the location

Another avenue is the newspapers but that may depend upon their means at the
time

I can't find a BOHUNOVSKY in the Times

Do you have the following?

>From the London Gazette

Gazette Issue 31587 published on the 7 October 1919. Page 11 of 72
Naturalisation
BOHUNOVSKY Karel (known as Charles BONNY)
Country = Czecho-Slovakia
Date of Oath of Allegiance = 28th August 1919
Occupation = Tailor (has served in His Majestys Forces)
Place of residence = 49, Upper Marylebone Street London

Which leads to
http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/catalogue/displaycataloguedetails.asp?CATLN=6&CATID=5094840&j=1

But you probably have that

Nivard Ovington in Cornwall (UK)

> Thank-you for much for your replies regarding my Gr-grandmother's burial.
> do have her death certificate but not her will. Where would I obtain her
> that from? Years ago I did contact several cemeteries who did searches for
> me without any luck so I was hoping that there was an updated directory
> somewhere (wishful thinking!!)Louise Katherine FRECHENHAUSER attended the
> German School Tower Hamlets and married Karel BOHUNOVSKY at the German
> Lutheran Church on the 29th of May 1898. She had her first child Louise
> Elsie Bertha Bohunovsky in November 1898. She died in July 1899 and had
> been
> baptised at St George's German Lutheran Church. When she died she lived at
> 49 Upper Marylebone St London. She also lived at 95 Glenarm Road Clapton
> and
> 52 Richard St London.
>
> Thank-you once again
> Jeanette