LONDON-L Archives

Archiver > LONDON > 2010-08 > 1282086975

From: Ron Lankshear <>
Subject: Re: [LON] William FRANKLIN & Mary X
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 09:16:15 +1000

I see this

William Franklin15 Apr 1828Mary BeanSt Matthew,
Bethnal Green

But I would have expected 1800/10's

When was their first child?
You say James and Charles twice - is there also a
death for the first ones as infants?
But I see 1841 that Mary is 10 years younger
(rounded ages) than Wm so possibly 2nd wife and
the first James and Charles may have been with
first wife presumably also be a Mary

Plus on IGI I see a Mary Elizabeth to parents of
those fore names in 1805 in St Leonards.
BUT presumably the Wm and Mary (Thackrey) who
married 1790. Which could even be your Wm who in
1841 is 65 rounded so could be born 1771 ie
married at 19
(except I just looked at image and they are both
Widowed and he is from St Giles parish)

So 1841 oldest child at home is 20 so perhaps born
1816ish

Possible marriages around then in approx area of
north east

William Franklin5 Dec 1801Mary CoreSt Giles in
the Fields, Holborn

William Franklin24 Sep 1804Mary AndersonSt
George, Bloomsbury

William Franklin28 May 1815Mary HallSt Andrew
Holborn

Ron Lankshear -Sydney NSW (from London-Shepherds
Bush/Chiswick)
try my links
http://freepages.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~lankshear/

On 2010-08-18 1:21 AM, PATRICIA FULLER wrote:
> William (cabinet maker)& Mary (chair caner) FRANKLIN lived in and around Bethnal Green for at least their married life; Crown Court to be more precise. William survived only the '41 census so his birthplace is merely Middlesex circa 1780. Mary was counted on the '51 and the '61 and her birthplace becomes specifically Spitalfields circa 1787. The children were all baptised at St Leonards.
>
> What I should like is a marriage between William and Mary. I have used the registers on Ancestry but I have to admit to my eyes going "off subject" and possibly not being as organised as I should.
>
> Is anyone else following this family? Children include James and Charles twice, Ann, John, Thomas William, Henry, George. I should be of some advice.

This thread: