LONDON-L Archives

Archiver > LONDON > 2010-12 > 1293611091

From: "JFHH" <>
Subject: Re: [LON] Kentish Town parish church 1729
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2010 08:24:51 -0000

Hi Colleen,
----- Original Message ----- From: "colleen" <>
>I wonder if anyone on London list might know which church would have been
> the parish church for Kentish Town in 1729? I have a marriage allegation for
> two of my ancestors who married there during that year but the allegation
> doesn't state the name of the church. Thanks for any help anyone can give
> with this.> > Colleen

The short answer is "St.Pancras"

BUT

it may have been a licence enabling them to marry in St.John the Baptist, Kentish Town: at that time
a chapel of ease to St.Pancras.

For more details on the convoluted history of St.Pancras and its parish churches see
http://homepages.gold.ac.uk/genuki/MDX/StPancras/churches.htm

Regards
John Henley

This thread: