LONDON-L Archives

Archiver > LONDON > 2012-03 > 1331163915

From: "Christine Benson" <>
Subject: Re: [LON] Grieves Family
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2012 23:45:15 -0000

Hi Barrie,

Have you found Sarah in 1841 and 1851? In 1841 there is a Sarah GREVES
living with Sarah, presumably mother, and Harriott 6 months, with a George
GREENE, 47, porter. They are living in St Leonard Shoreditch. The children
are born in county, the adults are not. The entry is not very legible so I
wouldn't like to guarantee the names.

Could this be your Sarah? If it is then the age of Harriott fits in with
James' presumed death. Have you got the certificate for that and checked the
informant?

I would follow the mother and Harriott on the censuses to see if that gives
you more info. There are births registered for Harriet GREEVES in Romford
and Harriet GROVES in Westminster in the Jun quarter of 1840. Neither of
those is quite right but you could apply for the certificate giving the
parents names. Then if they are wrong you don't lose your money.

Hope this helps,

Christine