LONDON-L Archives

Archiver > LONDON > 2012-03 > 1332741580

From: "Colleen" <>
Subject: Re: [LON] Disappearing parents - Tailors in London
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 07:00:08 +0100

It could be that your cousin has the wrong year. I found the following death
record:

Name: MCDONALD, Thomas
Registration district: Chelsea
County: London
Year of registration: 1884
Quarter of registration: Jan-Feb-Mar
Age at death: 1
Volume no: 1A
Page no: 217

Name: MCDONALD, Female (unnamed)
Registration district: Pancras
County: London
Year of registration: 1885
Quarter of registration: Oct-Nov-Dec
Age at death: 0
Volume no: 1B
Page no: 98

There are so many possiblities in a situation like this: both died in a
accident, both murdered, both imprisoned, both ran off (due to debt?), one
imprisoned and other ran off, emigrated, both died and buried unidentified
in paupers' grave, one died and the other ran off or injured, one killed the
other and was charged with murder, use of false names.

Two of my ancestors, a mother and son, killed the woman's drunken n'er do
well husband and were imprisoned for this. The murdered man was a shoemaker
at one stage.

----- Original Message ----- > My eldest cousin who is 102 is trying to
find out information about