LONGCANE-L Archives

Archiver > LONGCANE > 2007-04 > 1176143503

From: "Nancy and Dave Lindroth" <>
Subject: Re: [LONGCANE] McClellan - Any HILL connections?
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2007 14:31:43 -0400

There is conflicting information about the site being up near Pratt's mill.
There was a major battle there as well.

I have one batch of primary documents leading to a location on Bold Branch
and Pension apps leading to a site on Hogskin Creek. Much research over the
years was done to find the location near Hogskin Creek.Without success.

A letter written a week after the battle indicates the battle was 15 miles
from Ninety Six. It's a great deal further to Pratt's/Martin's area.Bold
Branch falls into the shorter distance.

NML