LOONEY-L Archives

Archiver > LOONEY > 2008-11 > 1227364399

From: "" <>
Subject: Re: LOONEY The Cornelius / CS Looney puzzle??
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2008 14:33:19 -0000

Author: donallen5
Surnames:
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/surnames.looney/981.1/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

John

I have some info about Cornelius and his wife that you may not have. Cornelius was the informant on the death certificate of his daughter Ethel May Looney who died in Eastland Co 13 Dec, 1921. On that death certificate he identifies his place of birth to be Hill Co, TX. He said his wife Cora Bell was born in Coryell Co, TX.

I am researching the Vaughan family. David Walter Vaughan I believe married Cornelius daughter Allie/Aline Looney. Allie is listed in the 1900 census living with her parents in Eastland Co and she is listed with (David)Walter Vaughan in the 1910 Eastland Co, TX census living next door to David Walter Vaughan's mother and his brother in law and his sister the Parkers. I can't find Allie/Aline again until her death certificate dated 18 June, 1941 in Los Angeles, CA. I have seen on line somewhere that this is the death certificate of her sister Luella Looney but I don't believe that to be the case. There was a Walter Bettis Vaughan born 3 July, 1913 in Eastland Co, TX and died 3 Aug, 1991 in Kerr Co, TX. A Walter Vaughan born abt 1913 is listed as a grandson of Cornelius Looney in the 1920 Eastland Co, census. In the 1930 Eastland Co census evidently this same Walter Vaughan is living with his uncle Oran D Parker, Husband of David Walter Vaughans sister Modella Vaughan Parker. !
I am thinking that this Walter Vaughan is the son of David Walter Vaughan and Allie Looney.
If so I can not explain why he was not living with his parents. Maybe they had split up?

Can you add any details to any of this?

Thank you
Don

Important Note: