LOVE-L Archives

Archiver > LOVE > 1998-01 > 0885913848

From: CarBurCo <>
Subject: Re: Lt. Col. DAVID LOVE
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 10:10:48 EST

Dear Mary and Robert,

I really think we are speaking of two different lines here. Lets see if we
can straighten it out. There were many Davids, and LT. COL. DAVID LOVE b.
1740, Anson County, NC is possibly the son of Daniel Love or of William Love
of NC.
He was married Oct 22, 1772 in Anson County, NC to JEAN BLEWETT dtr of JAMES
BLEWETT and SARAH GARTEN of the Pee Dee area in South Carolina.
He had spent time as a trapper and with the Cherokee indians before the war,
going to Europe to sell his furs. His war experience was under Gates and
Francis Marion the Swamp Fox. Jean and David had their children at their home
in Greensboro, Green County, Ga. where David was, among other things, a
Justice for some years.
Their Children
ROBERTUS LOVE
JOSEPHUS LOVE
ACKSAH LOVE b. 1779 m. Thomas Sparks
VIRTUOUS MAY/MARY LOVE m. Boswell Turner
BELOVED LOVE (male)
CHASTE EASTER/ESTHER LOVE m. Abner Turner
*ALLELUIAH LOVE b. 1791 m. Henry Rogers of La Grange and Columbus, GA
FRIEND OVID LOVE

If you still think THIS David is in your line, please let me know the
connection.

Thanks,
Caroline

PS Excuse me for butting in on your conversation. Just want to see if my line
is connected to another line I am not aware of.

This thread: