LOVELACE-L Archives

Archiver > LOVELACE > 1999-01 > 0916954153

From: "Wendy L. Miller" <>
Subject: New Subscribers
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 16:29:13 -0500

Hi folks,

Well, Dave beat me to his welcome! I'm glad he introduced himself; we've
corresponded before. Nice to see you again Dave! Dave Dunston
<>.

We have another new subscriber, Valerie Sue Riggins
< >. Valerie is a descendant of James and Linna Hughes
Loveless. I've copied her line below as she posted on the web site.
Valerie, you have _lots_ of cousins here, I'm sure they can clarify
information for you. Be sure to search the Lovelace archives, too, for what
has been posted on your line. Write to me if you need any help.

W.

Publisher of Lovelace Legacy newsletter
Lovelxxx web page: http://homepages.rootsweb.com/~lovelace
Earliest Lovelxxx ancestor: Stephen H. Loveless born MD 1794/96 died
Coshocton Cty., OH

DadName: James Loveless
DadDOB: unknown -- perhaps 1771 -- I have that date for him, but I
don't know if it's a birth or death date
DadPOB: unknown -- Alabama perhaps?
MomName: Linna Hughes
MomDOB: unknown
MomPOB: unknown
KidName: William Loveless
KidDOB: unknown
KidPOB: unknown
SpouseName: Caroline Carlton
SpouseDOB: 01/1813
SpousePOB: unknown

Additional_kids:

Children of William and Caroline (Carlton) Loveless: Hazel Richard Loveless
(my direct ancestor), William Riley Loveless (killed in Civil War battle),
Robert Bothes Loveless (died of illness during Civil War), James Lewis
Loveless,
and Levi Thomas Loveless.

Narrative:

Hazel Richard Loveless married Aurilla Victoria Jordan, his first
cousin (her mother and his mother were sisters -- her parents were
William I. Jordan and Verdelia Carlton). My direct line from Hazel is
as follows:

Hazel Richard Loveless + Aurilla Victoria Jordan

William Thomas Loveless + Ella ? (maiden name unknown at present)

James Henry Loveless + Eva Lipham
10 children:(not necessarily in birth order)
Gratis Loveless (McKay) -- living
James Henry Loveless, Jr. (my grandfather) - deceased
Aylias Reuben Lovless -- living
Cleone Loveless (Hart)-- deceased
Doris Loveless (a man - pronounced "darce") -- living
Bobby Lovless -- deceased
Handley Loveless -- living
Myrtrice Loveless (Baldwin)-- living
Carolyn Lovless (Stephens) -- deceased
Baby (died as an infant -- I have his name somewhere)

James Henry Loveless, Jr. + Marjorie Sue Reese
2 children:
Nancy Sue Loveless (Riggins) - my mother
Loretta Kay Loveless

Nancy Sue Loveless + Coby Harry Riggins
1 child:
Valerie Sue Riggins (Me)

NOTE: I have quite an abundance of information from family members
about James Henry Loveless, Sr. and his family. I can give you some
dates, places of birth/death, places that those living are living now,
and a good bit of anecdotal/narrative information if you like. I am
interested in finding more information on my family prior to James
Henry Loveless, Sr.

This thread: