LOVELACE-L Archives

Archiver > LOVELACE > 2003-02 > 1044212288

From: "C Slack" <>
Subject: [LL] Jayne Pratt Lovelace's Book
Date: Sun, 2 Feb 2003 13:58:08 -0500

Dave,

After your email to Lou Ann I was reviewing my copy of Controversy in the Carolinas on what Jayne says about Isaac Lovelace and Catherine Beall. Just an observation, but the information she presents is not 100% accurate sometimes. On my line I have found that the Taylor children info is different than what I have found so far when I look at the actual wills. I haven't run across a Thomas Taylor, it has always been Isaac Taylor in any will copies I have and have seen and she lists the "Taylor girls" when it was Isaac Taylor, male, and Sarah Taylor, a young female. Also, it was a James Lanzenby and not James Latham who witnessed several of the transactions. Some of the handwriting on the wills is difficult to decipher so I am not criticizing. I know for one of my other lines I was working on transcribign one for a couple of weeks when all of a sudden some of the words just popped out at me and the rest was easy when I figured out how the writer formed his letters.

Jayne's work is excellent I believe and these are just small errors. She was one of the first to document Isaac Lovelace's marriage to Catherine Beall based on facts so for that she remains one of my favorite researchers.

Carina