LOVELOCK-L Archives

Archiver > LOVELOCK > 2013-01 > 1357645456

From: Yann Lovelock <>
Subject: Re: [LOVELOCK] THE MYSTERY OF EDWARD LORENZO RUSSELL LOVELOCK
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2013 11:44:16 +0000 (GMT)

Previously I knew of only two other Lorenzo Lovelocks. One was in one of the southern US states in the second half of the 19thC, the other was a member of the unique Jamaican family that descended from a marriage or liaison there in the mid 19C. The Jamaican is a former Manchester boxer (also called Muhammad) whose father Irwin was in the RAF and married a Birmingham Jewess after WW2. I speculated that the name Lorenzo might have been connected with the anonymous forefather, who disappeared from Jamaica without returning. If that was our itinerant soldier, maybe the court martial could have been connected with his going native, AWOL or entering a bigamous relationship.

I'll look forward to further developments. Dahlia Harris, the Jamaican actress, had a Lovelock mother and more information would help her trace the marriage. Incidentally, I seem to remember that we discussed earlier another Lovelock line connected with St Anne's Soho. Can a connection be established?

Yann