LOVELOCK-L Archives

Archiver > LOVELOCK > 2017-08 > 1503912631

From: Graham Lovelock <>
Subject: [LOVELOCK] The man from nowhere
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2017 09:30:31 +0000

Hello all,

Our 1939 Register data for Hampshire includes a Mary C (Christina) Meade whose entry indicates that she married a Lovelock.

Sure enough, in Jul-Sep 1942 she and Henry G Lovelock were married in the Gosport Registration District.

Mary died in Jun 1997 in the South East Hampshire RD, this being confirmed by the date of birth matching the 1939 entry.

Mary and Henry had two daughters, both of whom appear to be still living.

As you would guess from the title, the problem here is Henry G Lovelock. Free BMD lists only 3: births in 1860, 1893 and 1898, all far too early, surely, to be marrying an 18 year-old in 1942. In any case the child born in 1898 died in the same quarter as his birth. There is no G H Lovelock candidate either, which I checked in case he reversed the order of his forenames.

There does not seem to be a death entry for Henry, so does anyone know whether he is still living, and if so what his origins are?

Regards,

Graham

This thread: