LOWE-L Archives

Archiver > LOWE > 2002-10 > 1033623524

From: "Polly Dixon" <>
Subject: Re: [LOWE-L] Answer re Susannah Sublet
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 00:41:54 -0500

Doreen:

The only map I've seen is the big one in Priscilla Cabell's book TURFF &
TWIGG, Vol. I, The French Lands. These are the original 10,000 acres
granted by King William to the Huguenots. There is no Loe/Low/Lowe listed
in the index of this book. There are two original patentees named Foure (or
Faure), Daniel and Peter. The French Lands were in the part of Henrico that
became Goochland in 1728 and then became Powhatan.

Following is my Huguenot lineage (Soblet/Sublet and early Chastain records
courtesy of the Pierre Chastain Family Association; and Dr. Cameron Allen:

Soblet/Sublet:

Elie Soblet m. Susanne? Renaudin
Jean Soblet m. Judith Lombard/Lombart
Abraham Soblet m. Susan or Suzanne Bryant
Anne Soblet m. Dr. Pierre Chastain as his 2nd wife
Elizabeth Chastain m. David LeSueur
Samuel LeSueur m. Martha Bryant
Jordan B. LeSueur m. Susannah Stinson
Andrew Jackson LeSueur m. Louisa Eleanor Tyler
Sarah Jane "Sallie" LeSueur m. James Asbury Crawley as his 2nd wife
Nina Belle Crawley m. James Thomas Brown
Nina Pauline Brown m. Robert Onslow Dixon
Polly Dixon (me!)

My Chastain lineage:

Etienne Chastain m. ?
Jacques Chastain m. Jeanne Audet
Estienne Chastain m. Jeanne Laurent
Dr. Pierre Chastain m. Anne Soblet . . . and so on

My LeSueur lineage (I'm indebted to Dr. Cameron Allen for the information on
Pierre and David Sr):

Pierre? LeSueur m. Esther Durant or Burie
David LeSueur Sr m. Catherine Felle/Fell
David LeSueur Jr m. Elizabeth Chastain . . . and so on, down to me.

I would appreciate your Soblet lineage. I'll be attending the annual
meeting of the Pierre Chastain Family Association in Thomasville, GA Oct.
11-13 and will check the records to see if there is any information on your
Susannah Lowe and Jesse Lowe.

Best regards,

Polly