LOWER-DELMARVA-ROOTS-L Archives

From: <>
Subject: Re: PETTIT, COVINGTON, GOOTEE,HARGIS, MILLS, TRUITT, WAPLES
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 1997 15:37:58 -0800

William E. Groves wrote:

> wrote:
> >
> > I am reaching the following individuals from northern ACCOMACK Co, VA
> >
> > and/or Southern WORCESTER Co., MD
> >
> > Any information would be greatly appreciated.
> >
> > Major PETTIT (?-?) m. Tabitha SMITH
> >
> > -Revel PETTIT (?-?) m. Elizabeth BAKER
> >
> > -James H. PETTIT (1806-1879) m. Betsy TRUITT (1826-1878)
> >
> > -Edward Salathiel PETTIT (1859-1929) m. Sarah Wise MILLS (1859-1950)
> -------
>
> I am researching the TRUITT family nationwide and I had James Pettit and
> Betsy Truitt in my database, but unfortunately I did not have any other
> information concerning their parents or descendants. Do you have any
> further information concerning Betsy Truitt's parents? If so, perhaps I
> can make a further connection for you to her ancestors.

Elizabeth 'Betsy' TRUITT (d. 10/14/78) and James H. PETTIT (d.
1/11/79)were my great-great grandparents. I have lsited as Betsy's
parents Jesse and Polly TRUITT, but this has not been verified.
Betsy was the second wife of James H. PETTIT. His first was Margaret
BEAUCHAMP, who died c1850. In the 1850 census, Betsy TRUITT was shown
to be living with William STEVENS and Leah Pettit STEVENS. Leah Pettit
STEVENS was the sister of James H. PETTIT.
By the 1860 census, Betsy PETTIT was listed with James H. PETTIT. They
were married on 1/17/1856 in Accomack Co., VA.

This thread: