LOWER-DELMARVA-ROOTS-L ArchivesArchiver > LOWER-DELMARVA-ROOTS > 1999-06 > 0929896247
From: David Kearney <>
Subject: WHARTON, BENSON, FREEMAN, POWELL
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 1999 12:30:47 -0400
I am looking for information concerning the following family who
lived in the area of Laurel, Sussex County, Delaware in the early 1800s,
perhaps from the 1700s.
1. John A. WHARTON, born circa 1788, perhaps in Laurel, Delaware, or
England; married 1820, Laurel, Delaware?, to Elizabeth (Betsey) FREEMAN
(born circa 1788, Laurel, Delaware?; daughter of William FREEMAN and Ann
POWELL; died ?). John died about 1836, Laurel, Delaware?
2. Joseph W. WHARTON, born 1821, Laurel, Delaware?; married 1847,
Laurel, Delaware?, to Lurana M. BENSON (born 1829, Laurel, Delaware?;
daughter of George BENSON and Elizabeth _____?; died 1888, Rogers Park,
Illinois). Joseph died 1892, Rogers Park, Illinois.
Joseph and Lurana moved from Laurel to Momenee, Illinois in
about 1850, and by 1853 were living in Rogers Park, Illinois. The first
two of their children as listed below, Caroline and Charles, were born
3. Caroline E. WHARTON (1848-1848)
3. Charles Henry WHARTON (1849-1922); married Mary Louisa
3. Anna Frances (Annie) WHARTON (1851-1895); married James
3. Hester Levina WHARTON (1853-1900); married Ashlin J. BECKLER
3. William N. (Newton) Wharton (1855-?); married (1) Nettie
ESTES, (2) Nettie STEVENS.
3. George A. WHARTON (1858-?); married Mary PATTERSON.
3. Lizzie K. WHARTON (1860-1863).
3. John A. WHARTON (1862-bef1952); married Johanna WALSH.
3. Frank WHARTON (1865-1865).
3. Francis (Frank) WHARTON (1867-1932).
3. Frederick A. (Fred) WHARTON (1869-1889).
|WHARTON, BENSON, FREEMAN, POWELL by David Kearney <>|