LOWER-DELMARVA-ROOTS-L Archives

From: "Carolyn M. Getting" <>
Subject: RE: [LDR] It's my research and you can't see it!!!
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 14:28:33 -0500

I myself, use everything I can get my hands on, whether I have to pay for it
or not. How much I collect is only limited by my pocket book and available
time, which with our seven grown children and grandkids, can at times get
stretched, but that is a whole other story.

I collect notes, pictures...love pictures, my Grandmother's picture box was
wonderful. I use the LDS, the genealogy library, census records microfilm,
newspapers, etc. Ran upon a clue the other day, don't know if it will pan
out, but it was in a long forgotten note(I cleaned my files) that resembled
piles at that point.

Sometimes, I research all records on one surname in a given state during a
given period, until I find the one that fits into my families history. I
have found that most family stories have at least a element of truth in
them, it's just finding the element, and not taking it as gospel. That can
be real fun, to find that element of truth, boy can that put you on a high.
God bless.

Carolyn,
just an old Texas Gal.
Researching:
Knight/Byles/Walton/Little/Marshall/Kent/Garner/Martin/Foote/Berryman/Colclo
ugh/Rogers/
Grigsby/Fulford/Dare/Blanton/Tate/McGuffey/Hobbs/Schuenemann/Latinsky/Altman
/Gambel/Sinz & Gross