LOWER-DELMARVA-ROOTS-L Archives

From: Ron Massey <>
Subject: Re: [LDR] It's my research and you can't see it!!!
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 22:41:12 -0400

Hi Tim -

OOPS! Ya got me wrong!! It's a bum rap!! <g>

I didn't mean to say that I insist on reciprocity at all! Let me try to
make my position on sharing clearer. I believe that I have a
responsibility to the memories of the people about whom I have uncovered
information to share that information with anyone who asks. It doesn't
matter to me if they can provide me with information or not. If I have
information that someone else can use, I'm glad to share it. The only
condition that I have ever attached to this is to ask a few times that the
person to whom I am sending information reimburse me for copying costs when
a large number of pages were involved. Now that most of my sharing is done
over the internet, copying costs aren't involved.

You are absolutely right that when I was new at this "game," many people
shared their information with me long before I was in a position to help
them at all. Now after all these years it is wonderfully rewarding to be
able to help "newbies" the way I was helped.

I hope this clears things up. Best of luck in your own searching. What
Eastern Shore lines are you pursuing?

Ron Massey