LOWER-DELMARVA-ROOTS-L Archives

From: "Jim Handy" <>
Subject: RE: [LDR] SWAIN
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 19:19:08 -0500

Skip & Mary Ann -

I have a John Burton SWAIN, born Abt. 1823 to William SWAIN and Mary
Ann SHORT. (Wm and Mary buried Swain Farm Burial Plot, Georgetown, Sussex
County, Delaware).
"The Genealogy of the State of Delaware, page 424 in a History of
George Swain says Mr. Swain comes from a family of farmers. His
grandfather, William Swain, was a native of Sussex County, and a farmer
owning and cultivating a tract of land near Georgetown. He was a Democrat.
his children are John B. of Georgetown, Susex county, Hudson D., Gilley K.,
of Harrington, Lavinia, Anderson, Spencer. Mr. Swain and his wife died on
their farm and were interred in the family burrial place on their farm.
They were members of the M. E. Church."
Title: Biographical and Genealogical History of Delaware J.M. Runk 1899
Page: Page 424-425
Text: Gives an account of William Swain family.

Jim Handy