LOWER-DELMARVA-ROOTS-L Archives

From: Pat Nielander <>
Subject: Re: [LDR] Newbold Vinson - all of them
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2005 05:20:48 -0800 (PST)

Elizabeth,

Try looking in Ohio. Between 1800 & 1830 there were many who went to Ross Co. Ohio (near Chillicothe). Our Timmons family went, and family records say that some made 9 trips back and forth, bringing more people to Ross Co. Some of the names of people that went are Truitt, Purnell, & Brown.

Pat

wrote:
Believe me, I have looked everywhere, under every possible spelling. They
all disappear from everywhere (in Delmarva) after the 1830 census. I do have
the admin for the one who died in 1834 - admin was to Ephraim, and a Rebecca
was mentioned, but no relationships shown. I have a feeling that Ephraim's
Newbold was NOT the son of Benjamin's Newbold, as has been stated by others,
but possibly his grandson instead. It requires more math than I have been
able to handle.

Corruptions of the name Newbold do appear much later and far away, possibly
offshoots of Daniel's Newbold, none of whom seem to know how the name was
really spelled.

Elizabeth