LOWER-DELMARVA-ROOTS-L Archives

Subject: Re: [LDR] Dirickson, not Pointer but Paynter
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2007 20:45:16 EST

In a message dated 1/7/2007 6:21:02 PM Eastern Standard Time,
writes:
> Regrettably, this material does not explain who Job Dirickson's parents
> were.
> He does not appear to be a descendant of Andreas and Temprerance or Andreas
> and Mary.

Job was son of Benjamin, per my earlier posting, citing Wo Deeds I:186. On
28 Nov 1772 Benjamin Derrickson, Sr. sold HOG QUARTER to his son Job Derrickson
["where Job now lives"].

So who was Benjamin's father? Well, a less hasty look than I made earlier,
under another spelling, shows Andreas Derrickson's 1715 will at PC 14:127,
naming son Benjamin, Samuel, Joseph, Andreas, dau. Temperance, Mary (w/o) William
Taylor. The MD Cal. of Wills entry on this is characteristically weird, and
I don't see it in the Keddie abstracts, offhand.

But there wasn't another family of this name in local period records.

John

This thread: