LOWER-DELMARVA-ROOTS-L Archives

Subject: Re: [LDR] Rehobeth
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 08:16:01 EST

Perhaps I've missed the clarification, but there is a Rehobeth in Somerset
County, MD. It is a very small community and not at all like Rehoboth Beach,
DE. Some of my McCready and Henderson relatives are buried there and I have
visited the ruins of the Coventry Parish Church and the Rehobeth Presbyterian
Church (built in 1707 I think) where I believe Rev. Francis Mackemie is buried.

I think Rehobeth, MD is about 12-15 miles northeast of Crisfield in the area
of Marion and not far from Pocomoke City. My McCready grandmother was born
in Marumsco (now disappeared), also not far from Rehobeth.

Ken Shelin
Sarasota, Florida

This thread: