LOWER-DELMARVA-ROOTS-L Archives

From: "Joni Rabena" <>
Subject: Re: [LDR] One Family Tree & Family Websites
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 17:48:01 -0700

Mike!

I know that man, Mr. Cheddar. And his initial is A. - no kidding! You've
given me a new line of direction now :) to try to find his wife!

I just mentioned to Chuck about my story with shoddy research, but it was
done in my own family........with aunts now deceased for 15 years or more.
I'll get them at some point!

You are absolutly right to VERIFY every piece of information. But I have
used Ancestry.com to track people through the years and have found people
researching the same people I am researching, so there is a good side. And
as far as mistakes go in their databases, I have found the same at
familysearch.org. I do know that when you find info on these sites you then
need to go back and find the records.

I find sites like this one have been the biggest help to me, along with
researchers I've met who have become .com cousins.

Thanks,

Joni