LOWER-DELMARVA-ROOTS-L Archives

Subject: Re: [LDR] Wilson June 7, 1899
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 11:38:14 EST

I can't remember who was researching the name WILSON but I found this
article and thought I would post it here.

The Sun
By _Gigimo_
(http://www.newspaperabstracts.com/memberlist.php?action=profile&id=1864)

The Sun
June 7 1899

Location: Baltimore, MD

Dover, Del., June 6.--Alfred C. WILSON, a civil engineer in Sussex county,
was offered a position with the National Dredging Company provided he could
reach Mobile,Ala., within 36 hours.

WILSON accepted but wanted to marry before he went. He hurried to Milton,
was accepted by Miss Fannie L. WILSON, and, with Ralph WILSON, his brother, and
Miss Nancy WELSH, started to get a license. They had to drive by relays to
Dover, get the license and hurry to Houston, where both couples were married
by Rev. George S. SMITH.

Alfred WILSON and his bride then started for Mobile. They had driven 70
miles before they were wedded.

Article added 10/01/07.
This article has been viewed 14 times.
Items placed on the Newspaper Abstracts website and associated mail lists
remain the property of the contributor. The contributor granted permission to
the Newspaper Abstracts website and associated mail lists to archive the
item(s) permanently for free access to the site visitor.