LOWER-DELMARVA-ROOTS-L Archives

Subject: Re: [LDR] Covey
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2007 11:49:09 EST

In a message dated 12/24/2007 9:56:07 AM Eastern Standard Time,
writes:
> I have been following up with all these lineages that everyone is having
> such good luck with in hopes that one of my COVEY/COVYs will pop up. No such
> luck. I could be in the wrong area (which is normal for me). My Richard
> purchased "Covy's Purchase" 100a. on a branch of Dividing Creek, Somerset Co in
> 1688.

The Covey/Covy name being unfamiliar to me, I checked my database of all
Somerset land records, which should be essentially complete for the period. I
found nothing at all resembling the above, whether by patent, tract name or
anyone named Covey/Covy, Richard or otherwise. Nor do the on-line MD land records
show anything. What's your source for this?

John Lyon

This thread: