LOWER-DELMARVA-ROOTS-L Archives

From: "" <>
Subject: Re: [LDR] Truitts
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 21:35:38 GMT

Lorine
I have a Sally Maria Tingle Farrow who married William E Clarke. She was born in Snow Hill. There was a supposed connection to the Purnell family, particularly a Mae Purnell and to the Purnell family of the museum in Snow Hill. I am thinking that Sally was named for a neighbor, not a Tingle relative. Do you have any insights here? Sally's father was Dr William H Farrow of Snow Hill. After his death, shortly after the Civil War, her mother moved to Baltimore and ran a boarding house there. I assume that she met William E Clarke when he was living in her mother's house as a young man. Wm. went to Baltimore from Pocomoke to work at Hurst, Purnell & Co when he was 14. The families certainly knew each other from the shore before he went there. The family connection between the Farrow's, Tingles and Purnell's remains a mystery to me.

Donna Clarke Project Linus of Lower DelMarVa
over 2200 blankets given to DelMarVa children in crisis! www.projectlinus.org

So...be your name Buxbaum or Bixby or Bray or Mordecai Ali Van Allen O'Shea, you're off to great places! Today is your day! YOur mountain is waiting..so..get on your way! Dr Suess

Click to get free info on how to start processing credit cards.
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2121/fc/Ioyw6i3l48eB0E0kGW2wUYhZ2W6xFkCaAe6Xw45t37uEHLDpIpQhvH/

This thread: