LOWER-DELMARVA-ROOTS-L Archives

From: Kathi Jones-Hudson <>
Subject: Re: [LDR] Origin of Given Name
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2009 18:52:42 -0700 (PDT)

Maybe a variation of Louisa or Lucinda? I googled it and this came up on one site:
BRINDLEY, Eudicia, , 1797-
BRINDLEY, Eudoxy (Eudoxie), , 1804-1889
BRINDLEY, Euterpsey (Euterpsie), , 1808-1874
BRINDLEY, Evaline Emaline, , 1813-1885
BRINDLEY, Lodica "Luvice", , 1799-
BRINDLEY, Lucinda, , 1797->1870
BRINDLEY, Menilla "Manila", , 1812-

Actually "Luvicey" came up quite a few times as a given name.

Kathi Jones-Hudson
MD Tombstone Transcription Project Manager
http://www.usgwtombstones.org/maryland/maryland.html