LOWER-DELMARVA-ROOTS-L Archives

From: "George Dill" <>
Subject: Re: [LDR] John Marvel Marvell
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2009 11:21:24 -0800

Dear Alan,

I am also researching my ancestor John Dill who came to America in 1659. I
know that he lived in either Talbot Co., or Dorchester Co., MD in 1663
because I have a court record that assigns all his rights and title to his
50 acres awarded to every new settler as partial payment for his
transportation to America. I also believe that he had to serve five years
of indentured service for the remainder of the cost of his transportation.
However I have not been able to find any documentation on his indentured
service or any entry in a passenger lists of sailing ship that brought him
here. I read the information below and thought that perhaps he may have
first landed somewhere in Virginia and then went to Maryland. I am
wondering, did you find any such information about your John Marvel and if
you did could you share with me where you looked to find that information.
I seem to be up against the proverbial "brick wall" on finding this
important information. Thanks for your help. With love in Christ,

George D. Dill