LOWER-DELMARVA-ROOTS-L Archives

Subject: Re: [LDR] (no subject)
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2009 20:39:17 EST

Well, I was thinking of people who live, perhaps, in places like
California. Not everyone is able to go directly to the source, as is necessary in
most other states. At least we have made our records accessible to all.
The key in your response is "if presented with the opportunity".

Elizabeth

The Morgan Tabernacle Choir and the Amazing Flying Demon Cats

In a message dated 12/27/2009 7:09:08 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
writes:

> Try the Library of Virginia. They should have all these things, and
> probably more. Even better, many of their microfilms are available
> through ILL
> for a minimal fee, obviating the need to actually go there.

Who, if presented with the opportunity, would not want to visit the
Library
of Virginia?! The Library is in a new, very nice facility, and has a
motivated, professional, very helpful staff. And, for many or most
families
claiming old Virginia ties -- whether from the Eastern Shore or elsewhere
--
Richmond otherwise is a good destination. :-)

Dave K