LOWER-DELMARVA-ROOTS-L Archives

Subject: Re: [LDR] Inventory of Solomon Smith, d. 1774 Somerset County,Maryland
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 14:37:53 EST

I am posting about this Archibald Smith that was posted as maybe being a
relative to anyone Smith ancestor. I found this Archibald Smith in Land
Patent records in Princess Anne along with my ancestor, John Duer. John Duer
patented land in Priness Anne but never got to own it. Seems John borrowed a
wife and her children when he emigrated from Virginia to Somerset 1671 to
get 50 acres per person. Found the same woman Elizabeth and her children
William and Mary Empson also emigrated with a John Devereux. Anyway it
turned out that John was probably found out to not being married to Elizabeth
and ended up paying rent to Archibald Smith. . I will get the records out and
post it if you want or need it... Jean Duer Ashe

This thread: