LOWER-DELMARVA-ROOTS-L Archives

From: "Brenda Antal" <>
Subject: [LDR] Brown family in Sussex Co
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2011 20:32:13 -0500

I am looking for parents for Cornelia BROWN born c 1820 in DE. In 1840,
Sussex Co, she married John F CAMPBELL, they lived to Wash DC for the 1850
and 1860 census then for 1870 and 1880 are in NWF Hundred where they both
died.

1840 - December marriage - bond posted by John F Campbell and John M
RAWLINS.
[John M RAWLINS step-mother was supposedly Ann BROWN, daughter
of Charles and Nancy
BROWN; not something I can prove personally] Any connections?

John F CAMPBELL's land in NWF Hundred at his death was adjoined on one side
by (2 different references to same land):
"formerly the lands of Joshua B BROWN"
"Charles BROWN"
I don't know if this is any relationship to his wife, Cornelia. I don't
know if/when he purchased this land or maybe it came to him by way of his
wife, just that it was split up when he died.

If anyone has any Brown probate records from Sussex Co after 1820ish when
Cornelia was born, can you please help me to eliminate some possible
parents?

Any other suggestions for finding her parents will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Brenda Antal
Orlando, FL

This thread: