LOWER-DELMARVA-ROOTS-L Archives

From: "Joni Rabena" <>
Subject: [LDR] SMITHS in Trappe, Wicomico, Maryland and Nanticoke Hundred,Delaware
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2011 16:22:34 -0600

Hi,

I am trying to find a connection between the Smiths in Trappe, Wicomico,
Maryland, and the Smiths in Nanticoke Hundred, Delaware.

Trappe:

Charles S. Smith and Elizabeth Unknown
b. 1781, MD
d Bet 1850-1806

Children:

William, 1804, m. Eliza
William, 1805, m. Sara
Stephen R., 1807 m. Miranda Jenkins*
James Louis, 1808 m. Sarah A.
Joshua, 1810, m. Caroline Jenkins
Charles, 1816, m. Mary
Littleton, 1822, m. Charlotte T. Williams
Samuel S., 1824 m. Mary E.

*Stephen R. and Miranda Jenkins' children:

Richard Sydney
Margaret A.
Levin
*Melissa Mellie Ann
Julia
Stephen
Thomas
Elizabeth
William
Caroline

*Melissa Mellie Ann married Henry Pusey. They were married about 1868.
They had one daughter, Emma Pusey, born 1869. Both Melissa and Henry died
before the 1880 census.

Emma Pusey in 1880 was living with Sara/Sallie Smith and her two children,
Josephine, and William in Salisbury, Wicomico, Maryland; she was listed as a
cousin. Sara/Sallie was from Nanticoke Hundred, daughter of John Smith (son
of Marvel) and Amelia Trader.

If anyone knows of a connection, could you please contact me!

Thanks so much.

Joni

This thread: